Blokus is an attractive and simple board game, original published by Sekkoia. During a course of Software Engineering at the FH-Münster, advanced students of computer science had to create a software version of that board game.
The game is written in C++ and supports Windows and OpenGL and X11 based Unices like Linux or FreeBSD. I also had the game running on a MacOS X and Solaris systems.
Freebloks 3D comes with a dedicated server, full IPv6 and multicore support. There is a dedicated server running at blokus.mooo.com. The game supports up to 4 human players at one computer as well as team playing .
A network compatible Android port of Freebloks 3D is available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.saschahlusiak.freebloks
- freebloks-1.2.zip (Windows binary, no installation required)
- freebloks_1.4.0-1_i386.deb (Debian i386)
- freebloks_1.4.0-1_amd64.deb (Debian amd64)
- freebloks-1.4.ebuild (Gentoo Ebuild)
- Freebloks 3D in Google Play (Android version)
This source code is distributed under the terms of the GPLv2.